SAM’s Family Grants
family grant applications Will be OPen again in August!
SAM’s Sweet Heart aims to assist families struggling with the financial burden of a complex diagnosis with their children.
SAM’s Sweet Heart will provide financial assistance to local families that have children with complex diagnosis.
- Have a child (under the age of 18) with a complex medical diagnosis. A complex medical diagnosis would include medical condition requiring lifelong treatment.
- Be a local family. Families in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle and Stephenson counties of Illinois will be considered.
- Funding must be for emergency medical costs only. The costs associated with a medical emergency could include support with utility bills (gas, telephone, electricity, water), rent or mortgage on a primary home, groceries, hospital or hotel stays for medical treatment, and/or medical equipment.
- Additional information may be required from child’s medical care provider.
- Priority will be given to children with cardiac and/or chromosomal diagnosis.
applications will be accepted for three weeks starting on March 1st and August 1st each year.
Families may apply for a grant during the open application period, but may receive no more than one grant every 12 months.
Maximum amount of funding is $1500 per applicant per year.
Applicants will be notified once an application has been received, additional information may be required during the review process.
Grant determination will be decided within two weeks of the application closing deadline.